The Reading Rods Prefixes, Suffixes, and Root Words Individual Kit helps students reinforce, practice, and master key literacy skills. Knowledge of word parts increases students' skill in decoding and comprehending complex vocabulary. Word work includes building, reading, and writing words of increasing complexity using affixes, roots, and bases; and decoding complex words. The color-coding of prefix, suffix, Greek and Latin roots, English base words, and letter rods, provides quick visual cues. Use the individual kit with one student or a collaborative pair of students.
- Building plural nouns and inflected verbs
- Adding prefixes and suffixes to English base words
- Forming complex words by combining prefixes and suffixes with Greek/Latin roots
- Set of Reading Rods cubes
- Prefixes, Suffixes, and Root Words Activity Flipbook
- Instructional guide
- VersaTote storage container